National Honor Society Raises money for Hospitality House

Dawson Smith

“Raising money for the Hospitality House makes me feel benevolent,” said Senior NHS member Treasure Diokpa. Members of the National Honor Society for Huntsville High School sort through boxes of Schlotzsky's sandwich orders on Oct. 26th, to label them and hand them out to the students and faculty. Two dollars from every sandwich sold is donated to the Hospitality House.

Kayla Jefferson

National Honor Society (NHS) has partnered with Schlotzsky’s in an effort to raise money for community charities. Two Dollars from every sandwich sold is donated to a charity of the organization’s choice every month. This month their two dollar donation is earmarked for the Huntsville Hospitality House.

“Every month that we sell, we pick a different charity to donate to. We choose between Rita B. Huff, the Good Shepherd Mission, Safe House, and other organizations,” said senior NHS member Jayden Mathis.

The members not only sell to students and faculty, but also to members in the community. Selling outside of the school walls makes way for the group to reach out to a larger audience.

“On average we sell over 100 sandwiches a month. We go to businesses like Wiesner, Park and Durham, and we sell throughout the community.  If we only sold at school, we wouldn’t make half as much as we do,”said Mathis.

The students enjoy being able to help out different causes, as it gives them the feeling that are working to support something much larger than themselves.

“Raising money for the Hospitality House, and other organizations makes me feel benevolent,” said senior NHS member Treasure Diokpa

The members of NHS encourage everyone to find a member, and get an order form!

“We want to make as much as we can, so selling to everyone gives a bigger platform to raise money,” said Mathis.