The Hive Online

What does Thanksgiving mean to you?

Senior: (Emilee Rogers): “It means that I get to see my family, and I get to eat good food and spend time with them because I don't get to see my family very often. My family makes me very happy.”

Addison Slie

Addison Slie

Addison Slie

It’s that time of year again. The leaves start changing colors and the weather is getting cooler. Since the first Thanksgiving in 1621 everyone looks forward to getting together with family and friends, and eating the delicious Thanksgiving food.

What does Thanksgiving mean to you?

Freshman: (Howard Hamilton): “There is no thanksgiving without turkey. Thanksgiving is a day to be yourself.”

Freshman: (Dayra Soto): “A time to celebrate the unity of my family.”

Freshman: (Chris Moore): “To me Thanksgiving is a really fun time of the year. I get to spend time with my family and friends and eat great food.”

Sophomore: (Hannah Broadway): “Thanksgiving means giving thanks to God, my friends, and my family for everything they have done for me.”

Sophomore: (Kalyn Cotton): “Thanksgiving is a time where I can have fun hanging out with my family and friends, and eat lots of food. I’m super thankful for lots of food.”

Junior: (Peyton Carranza): “A time with the family, and a time where I can eat as much food as I want to.”

Senior: (Morgan Walker): “Thanksgiving to me means family recipes, time together, and the chance to take a break from everything.”

Senior: (Tanner Smith): “Thanksgiving means getting together with family, eating some good food, and looking back on old memories while making some new ones.”

Senior: (Chloe Weich): “Thanksgiving is a time where I can get with family that I don’t normally see during the week. So it’s a time that I can just relax with them. I personally am thankful for a lot of things, and I love to help others, so a lot of the time on Thanksgiving, I go out and give a box of canned goods to the good shepherd mission.”