The Hive Online

Cheer Clinic

The Huntsville High School varsity cheerleaders cheer for a crowded stadium last October at a Huntsville High School football game. The Huntsville High School’s annual Cheer Clinic is starting from January 25th to February 22nd. “The cheer clinic is time for any student interested in trying out for cheer to come learn and practice so they have a better feeling about what is needed and expected to be a cheerleader,” head coach Jennifer Kober said.

Photo by Danielle Brown

Photo by Danielle Brown

The Huntsville High School’s annual Cheer Clinic is being held from January 25th to February 22nd in Huntsville High School’s Cheer bay. The clinic will be held on Thursdays during the month from 3:45 to 5.

“The cheer clinic is time for any student interested in trying out for cheer to come learn and practice so they have a better feeling about what is needed and expected to be a cheerleader,” head cheerleading coach Jennifer Kober said.

The cheer clinic is open-mat cheerleading practice that allows interested participants to better prepare for the tryouts and and meet the current cheerleaders.

“The cheer clinic is a great way for people to become acclimated with the cheer environment and practice before they actually have to tryout. There will be current cheerleaders to help at the clinic and it is a great way to see if they want to try cheer or start training for tryouts,” senior Gwynn Durham said.

It is important to note that the cheer clinic is a simple way to test interests in cheering. In no way is it an actual tryout, only an introduction to the sport. Tryouts are not until March 5-7.

“I think the cheer clinics are important to go to, especially if cheer is something new to you. It gives you a little glimpse of what cheer is like and it’s a good way to decide if you want to tryout or not!” sophomore cheerleader Olivia Schroeder said.

The Cheer Clinic gives anyone the opportunity to experience what cheerleading is all about, you get to know the coaches and the environment, and what to expect from being a cheerleader throughout the school year.

“I highly recommend coming to the clinics because it also shows the coaches a little more initiative. Plus, we like to meet new people and see who could potentially be our teammates and closest friends!” senior Peyton Pitts said.

If there are any questions, contact Jennifer Kober at jrkober@huntsville-isd.org