The Hive Online

Goals for Lady Hornet Soccer

“This year we are working harder each day, believing in ourselves more and coming closer together, not just as a team but as a family,” sophomore Jennifer Gallegos said.

Photo by Martin Oteng

Photo by Martin Oteng

By: Yansi Gonzalez

Lady Hornet Soccer is looking to take the ball from their opponents this season and get back on top. Soccer season has already begun and the Lady Hornet Soccer team are looking for a great season ahead of them.

“I think that our soccer season is going to be great. It consists of constantly learning and improving. Each game is always a way to improve and if we do not do well that is just a way to reflect on what we did wrong and fix our mistakes. But I feel like this is going to be a great season for our Lady Hornet Soccer Team,” sophomore Cynthia Gutierrez said.

After the majority of last year’s varsity team graduated, many previous JV players have stepped up to the plate.

One new varsity member, sophomore Molly Hall, has been learning the position of goalie and enjoying everything while doing this.

“I think for being a goalie for the first time, I am doing a good job. It took weeks to get the basics down, and I am still learning everything there is to be a goalie,” Hall said. “When you start something new, you’re definitely not going to be great at first, but overtime you get better and better which will happen with me.”

With a new coach and a new team the Lady Hornet Soccer players are looking forward to making their mark!