Grenadier Guard holds annual kids clinic

Back to Article
Back to Article

On Sept. 21st, the Grenadier Guard and Little GG’s prepare a dance routine. “Being able to become a GG is a lot of the little kids dreams and it is a great opportunity for us and them especially since lots of them want to be one when they get in highschool,” junior and social officer Kristasia Polk said.

Dana Lenorman

Dana Lenorman

Dana Lenorman

Jaliyah Haywood, Writer

The high school’s Grenadier Guard,GG’s, hosted their 18th annual kids clinic Saturday on Sept. 21. The clinic is for kids ages 5 to 13, and is meant to teach them a dance routine and to prepare them to perform with the GGs.

“The kids are able to come and dance and perform on the field and it helps to express themselves and do something fun and that’s a good thing to see,” sophomore and lieutenant colonel Macie Castleberry said.

The kids who signed up, little GG’s, will perform a jazz dance routine to Meghan Trainors “I feel better when I’m dancing” on the field this upcoming friday night at Bowers Stadium Sept. 27. 

“Being able to become a GG is a lot of the little kids dreams and it is a great opportunity for us and them especially since lots of them want to be one when they get in highschool,”  junior and social officer Kristasia Polk said.

The GG clinic has been an annual event for almost a decade, teaching children many dances over the years since 2001.

“It was a very eventful and it seems to get more entertaining every year I’ve been there just being able to work with a wide variety of kids who want to dance is very special” senior and captain Alexys Goodman said.

The clinic was inexpensive and cost a fee of 25 dollars which include a shirt and a 4 hour practice that lasted eight to twelve in the afternoon to help them learn the routine.

“It’s so much fun to be able to dance with lil GG’s. Our main goal is to create a fun atmosphere that makes the girls want to come back every year,”  junior Kazity Yaegar said.

The GG’s clinic offers young ladies an opportunity to gain confidence in themselves and prepare to move on to higher levels of dance..

“I think it’s very important for a lot of younger girls to give the clinic a try and get a chance to learn a dance and get to see what being a GG is all about,”  sophomore and lieutenant Briona Lewis said.