NHS Sandwiches

+National+Honor+Society+Treasurer+Gabe+Hambright+shows+off+his+sandwich+orders+for+the+month.+%E2%80%9CThe+sandwich+fundraiser+is+really+good+for+the+community%2C+we+give+our+proceeds+to+businesses%2C+and+it%E2%80%99s+a+lot+of+hard+work+to+deliver+and+it%E2%80%99s+all+worth+how+happy+people+are+when+they+get+their+sandwiches%2C%E2%80%9D+senior+and+treasurer+Gabe+Hambright+said.%0A
Back to Article
Back to Article

NHS Sandwiches

National Honor Society Treasurer Gabe Hambright shows off his sandwich orders for the month. “The sandwich fundraiser is really good for the community, we give our proceeds to businesses, and it’s a lot of hard work to deliver and it’s all worth how happy people are when they get their sandwiches,” senior and treasurer Gabe Hambright said.

Rebecca Cade

Rebecca Cade

Rebecca Cade

Rebecca Cade and Samantha Ray

National Honor Society, NHS, sells sandwiches every month to raise funds and donate to charity. The society is run by English teacher, Angela Gaston. This month’s sandwiches will be delivered, Wed. Sept. 24th.

“Selling sandwiches is good for the community and raises a lot of money for charity. It gets us out of our comfort zones and betters our communication skills,” senior Crusita Nieto said.

NHS delivers to teachers all over the district, on any campus. They also deliver to local businesses if they ordered from a member.

“The lunches are delivered both on campus and off campus, so we go to several businesses in town, and several schools in town. We have to guarantee that we get their lunch delivered to them hot,” Angela Gaston said.

The charities NHS is donating to this year are the Good Shepherd Mission, Hearts Veteran Museum, Care Center of Huntsville, Senior Center of Walker County, and the Hospitality House. 

“I really enjoy selling sandwiches, it feels great to give back to the community. I feel like a better person when I sell them,” senior Jacob Moak said.

The sandwiches NHS sells are provided by Schlotzsky’s and cost $8. The box contains either a turkey or ham sandwich, a bag of potato chips, chocolate chip cookie, and condiments.

“The sandwich fundraiser is really good for the community, we give our proceeds to businesses, and it’s a lot of hard work to deliver and it’s all worth how happy people are when they get their sandwiches,” senior and treasurer Gabe Hambright said.

Students look forward to earning group community service hours for NHS by selling and delivering the sandwiches.

“I think we will raise a record amount of money for charity because we have such enthusiastic members who will work hard to do their share,” Angela Gaston said.