Choir Competes in the second round for All-State Choir

Back to Article
Back to Article

Choir teacher John Kristiniak teaches his afternoon choir class a new song going into fall.
 “i'm proud of their accomplishments they worked really hard to get to the position that they’re in as of right now and even though the girls were bummed out about not making All State they were proud of getting that close to their goal,” John Krystiniak said.

Choir teacher John Kristiniak teaches his afternoon choir class a new song going into fall. “i'm proud of their accomplishments they worked really hard to get to the position that they’re in as of right now and even though the girls were bummed out about not making All State they were proud of getting that close to their goal,” John Krystiniak said.

Demarkis Mckinney

Demarkis Mckinney

Demarkis Mckinney

Jaliyah Haywood, Writer

On Saturday Oct. 19th seniors Diana Villa and Hanna Brisher and sophomore Gracie Cutler attended the second round of auditions for All State Choir at Klein Forest High School.
“I think the girls were very prepared and I have very high hopes that they will continue to do the best they can in future auditions,” choir teacher John Kristinack said.
Although, the trio didn’t advance into All State, 2 of the 3 still made it into an all-region choir, the other, an alternate.
“After discovering that I made it through into the second round of auditions for all state choir, I pushed myself really hard on my music and would practice for hours almost every day. I feel very confident in my abilities going towards it, and since I made region choir, I’m so excited sing along many other talented individuals who share the same passion of singing,” sophomore Gracie Cutler said.
The competition hosts over 15,000 students that tried out for all state choir.
“This is my last year of high school, and although none of us advanced I’m still proud of all of us. I encourage anybody who joins choir next year to practice really hard and be prepared because it’s very competitive,” senior Diana Villa said.
This competition’s competitiveness is because thousands of kids across Texas are trying out for a chance to be with all state choir.
“Even though I’m upset that we didn’t advance, I’m still happy that we had this opportunity especially since this is my last year of high school,” senior Hanna Brisher said. “If anybody ever decides to be part of the choir and you advance to have the opportunity to make All State, be sure of yourself and practice.”
Since the girls made it into alternate and region choir, they’ll still get the benefits of performing in a big group of other singers.
“In the regional audition we had 3 students audition and I’m proud of their accomplishments they worked really hard to get to the position that they’re in as of right now and even though the girls were bummed out about not making All State they were proud of getting that close to their goal,” Choir director John Krystiniak said.