Seniors are celebrated for senior senior week

Alanna Haywood, Editor

Senior week took place throughout Oct. 28 to Nov. 1. The week was full of treats for seniors given to them by their English teachers to celebrate their final year. The Fall portion of senior week was created by English teacher and senior class sponsor Kelly Jordan and has been a tradition for the last two years.
“I feel like Mrs. Jordan puts the seniors at the top of her priorities, she cares about us more than anything. I enjoyed the activities because we get a raffle ticket which we could win prizes for,” senior Alejandra Arriaga said.
Along with all the activities planned for the seniors, they were able to win raffle tickets that would help them prizes such as a free prom tickets or store gift cards.
“The events are based around what we, as a senior class, have to get accomplished,” Kelly Jordan said. It centers largely around our senior fundraiser for prom, so we had a chocolate day for that. Additionally, we always do one community service project as a class, so this year we used senior week to facilitate that by having students donate canned goods,” she continued.
The senior class was able to donate 267 canned goods for the SAAFE house, an organization that helps victims of family violence and sexual assault.
“My favorite activity from senior week has to be the community service day because I know many people in the community will benefit from it. Not only will the community benefit, but students who participated were given goodies and a generous pass for homework,” senior Codie Munos said.
Along with participating in fun activities, the week had many ‘last’ moments for seniors. The week was also ended with the last home game and pep rally.
“I think that the free gifts are sweet, and they make me feel appreciated. Taking our senior group photo and having our final Fall pep-rally put into perspective that we’re graduating soon,” senior Vivian Kremer said.